1. Have you committed yourself to follow the Photobooth Association's Code of Professional Conduct?
2. Are you insured? Can you supply me with proof of liability?
3. Do you use Professional Equipment?
4. Do you provide backup equipment at my event?
Booking a reliable Photobooth is a very important decision for the success of your party. Selecting a Photobooth Operator who is an active member of the Photobooth Association will provide you with the confidence that you have selected a trained professional. Photobooth Association members are more likely to be involved with other Operators who can help them out with an unexpected situation.
5. Does the Operator know the proper etiquette for your type of party?
6. How much time do you allow for set-up?
7. Do you provide a written contract?
8. Will you be suitably dressed for our occasion?
9. Do you belong to a professional organization or trade group?
A competent professional photobooth operator should have a nice selection of props available for your guests to use. If the event is a themed event, they should be appropriate to your theme. Additionally in the case of wearables, they should be found to be clean & in good repair.
Other Items to Note
Photobooth rates vary based on talent, experience, service, coordination, equipment needed, and personality.
Rates for the Photobooth industry vary greatly, ranging from $350.00 to over $1800.00 with an average of $1,200.00 for a 4 hour booking. The best price is not always the best deal, especially if you are planning a wedding.
A full-service photobooth company will normally invest 10 to 15 hours to your special event but it may appear that you are only paying for “4 hours”. Consultations, site surveys, prop preparation, Custom photostrip design, set-up and tear-down, education and other business related endeavors add up to the overall success of your special occasion.
What you need to know BEFORE you choose just anyone with a camera for your event.
As is often the case in society, some things or ideas become trendy with little thought to practical implementation.
One example was the "Sponsored Wedding". This idea was based upon all the event service professionals donating their services to your wedding in the hopes of getting business from the other guests. The problem was vendors quickly realized that the only thing sponsored weddings got you was more requests for sponsored weddings. These events typically turned out very badly for brides and grooms as their once in a life time event was considerably less memorable than they would have liked. The trend dies quickly. So people that overspent on some items counting on the reception being paid for by others soon were in trouble as their budget was gone and they were still missing major parts of their event program.
A professional Photobooth Operator that is a member of The Photobooth Association allows for a smooth flow to the event, with no embarrassing surprises because they know they are a part of the event team. A Professional photobooth operator from The Photobooth Association can provide you with confidence that your event will flow smoothly and will be an event that you, your family and guests will never forget, instead of one they would like to.
Why The Photobooth Association? All Photobooth Operators listed on our site are committed to the following rules:
• Operate my business in an ethically sound manner while maintaining the highest standards of professional conduct.
• Abide by all laws and regulations governing my professional activities.
• Use legal forms of images and performance materials in the conduct of my services.
• Be honest and realistic conveying talent, abilities, and level of services to my clients.
• Deliver products and services to my clients, as promised, to the best of my abilities.
• Use a written contract clearly stating all charges, services, products, performance expectations and other essential information.
• Provide a safe work environment with adequate protection for my clients & their guests.
• Maintain adequate and appropriate insurance coverage for all business activities.